The event tech industry is changing rapidly. Event planners, companies, and vendors are constantly innovating and improving their offerings in order to stay ahead of the curve.
In recent years, the event industry has undergone a significant transformation with the rise of event technology.
From virtual event platforms to interactive event apps, event tech has revolutionized the way we plan, promote, and execute events.
As the world continues to recover from the pandemic, event technology has become more important than ever, providing event organizers with the tools they need to create engaging, immersive, and safe events.
In this blog, we’ll take a closer look at the latest event tech innovations and trends, and how they are shaping the future of the event industry.
Whether you’re an event planner, marketer, or attendee, this article will give you insights into the cutting-edge event technologies and best practices you need to know to stay ahead of the curve.
Event tech is evolving rapidly:
Here’s a look at the latest innovations and trends that you need to know about:
- Technology evolves at an exponential rate and there are more people involved than ever before–from developers to designers and more! The event tech industry has become more diverse than ever before; it’s no longer just about hardware or software anymore; it includes everything from a drone (yes drone) photography/videography services to VR experiences…and even AI bots!
- Collaboration between companies has become key for success because everyone is working together towards one goal: creating meaningful experiences for attendees at events around the world. This means there will always be new opportunities available for those who want them by partnering with others within their field (or outside their field) so don’t hesitate when presented with those opportunities because they could lead somewhere great!
It’s changing in so many ways that it’s hard to keep up with, but if you want to stay on top of the latest innovations, trends, and technologies in this space, here are a few things you should know:
More people are using event tech:
The use of event tech is becoming more mainstream as it becomes more affordable and accessible to everyone.
Event planners are choosing to incorporate new technologies into their events because they want to offer something unique that will stand out from other events in their market, or simply because they feel like it’s the right thing to do for their attendees.
One of the most exciting things about this trend is that event planners aren’t just using technology when they need it–they’re planning on incorporating it into every aspect of their events (and even beyond).
This means that attendees can expect everything from registration through post-event communications with an app experience designed specifically for them!
New technologies are on the horizon. Wearables, augmented reality, and virtual reality are changing how we interact with events.
Artificial intelligence and machine learning are revolutionizing event planning. Blockchain will create new ways to track data and manage transactions across multiple systems.
More diversity in the industry:
As the industry continues to grow, it’s important that we ensure a diverse workforce.
Women are still underrepresented in tech, as are people of color and those from underrepresented communities. But this is changing–and fast!
In 2018 alone, there was a 56 percent increase in female founders raising capital compared to 2017 (according to CB Insights).
And while this number is still low compared with the male-dominated field of tech entrepreneurship (just 6 percent), it shows an upward trend towards greater gender equality across startups and venture capital firms alike.
A lot to look forward to when it comes to event tech in the next decade:
The future is full of new innovations and technologies, from 3D printing to virtual reality.
The future is also full of new people and companies, who are creating events that have never been done before. And the best part? You’re a part of it!
There’s a lot to look forward to when it comes to event tech in the next decade.
- More people will use event tech, especially younger generations that grew up with smartphones and tablets.
- New technologies will be invented, making it easier for events to reach their goals.
- Diversity in the industry will increase as more women join as leaders and innovators! The future is bright for women entrepreneurs who want to make an impact on society through technology at large events like conferences or trade shows (or smaller ones like weddings).
We’ve covered a lot of ground, but there is still so much more to look forward to in the world of event tech.
The industry is evolving and growing by leaps and bounds every day, which means there are new technologies and innovations on the horizon that will change the way we do business forever!
Thank you for reading!